Finally made it to our Friend's house In Spain Which we are going to use as a base For seeing the eclipse. At this point in time there's still a chance that we might see it from their roof terrace. Dr Fred has to do some maths to see whether the sun will be high enough or whether we have to take off up a nearby Hill. There's also some exciting talk of possibly getting a key for a fire tower ...Dr Fred is very very excited....it would be amazing - But I think that's possibly not very likely - But who knows!!
The house we are staying in (or rather camping in the garden) of is a beautiful, lovingly reconstructed space up a long stony track In the middle of nowhere. It's really lovely. Great high ceilings Lots of arches and clean beautiful lines. ( but its somebodies home so I'm not posting interior pictures)And, as I said before the added bonus of a roof terrace. Its a huge space with sweeping views acrooss the valley. We are surrounded by huge limestone peaks. Everybody but me slept on the terrace last night.... There are a lot of mozzies about and nobody wants to listen to me snore. I quite relished having the van to myself.. although it was a little bit spooky and I quite expected to be eaten by a wild boar. Dr Fred got pestered by mozzies and turned up at 2.30 am...
It was another incredibly hot day.... temperatures around 37° and even late at nighy it was 28....I had all the doors of the van open and the mozzie nets up - hoping they would be enough defence to any wild creatures.... I wanted to stay up a look at the milky way but 2 long hot driving days and a lousy nights sleep meant I was cream crackered so it was an early night for me....
The heat absolutly kills - its impossible to do anything... and the flies are pretty bad our ikea net curtain fly screens have proved absolutley invaluable.-although there is always one blasted fly hidden somewhere.
We spend alot of time spraying ourselves with the plant sprayer🤣🤣
Looks like a lovely place to stay (if you can keep the flies at bay). Fingers crossed you get good conditions for the eclipse. xC
ReplyDeleteWishing you cloudless skies and lots of meteors! Jo x( heading for a Manchester Park)
ReplyDeleteEven without seeing inside it looks fabulous 😍
ReplyDelete