A quick note to say thanks to those friends, family and others who may be looking at my blog and this is where it will live from now on... I will close the word press account I couldnt get on with word press any better then blogger but after trying both and some reflection I felt this site is more me.. what ever that is - and I will endeavour to master the inner workings of blog posts and the additions needed to make it work in a friendly and interesting manner - any hints or feedback please feel free to message me. Cheers and enjoy my ramblings.
Eclipse day!!!! Most of the photos on here were taken by friends...my phone died... I dont use names on here but you know who you are thank you.... This will be Dr Freds 8th eclipse and my 6th... I have 100% clear viewing and its continued that way. Our friends have this amazing house tucked away on the side of a hill - fortuitously right on the centre line of the 2026 eclipse. And... to make it even better they have a roof terrace which gave us an almost perfect elevation to see the total eclipse in all its glory. Dr Fred wasnt sure at first - he worried that as totality was so close to sunset we might not be high enough before the sun disappeared under the ridge. So, the evenings leading up to the night of the actual event, required a lot of balancing on the roof with spirit levels at various degrees and exact timings for exact positioning of the sun and considerable maths.... yes it was complicated but it p...
Comments
Post a Comment