Doing all this on my mobile so I can upload pictures... fab fab place sooooo pretty. We've been very lucky with the weather only one night when we had to cram into one campervan cos of rain. The wagon train has been very sucessful, and we've covered the ground we have wanted to. The ring of kerry lives up to its reputation with spectacular scenary but everywhere we've been has been pretty stunning so far. Photos posted here are fairly random from the last week... I'll tidy and label them when I'm home or get acess to more compliant technology... sadly this is our last night together .... some people have to return to the uk but we have potentially another 3 weeks...
Eclipse day!!!! Most of the photos on here were taken by friends...my phone died... I dont use names on here but you know who you are thank you.... This will be Dr Freds 8th eclipse and my 6th... I have 100% clear viewing and its continued that way. Our friends have this amazing house tucked away on the side of a hill - fortuitously right on the centre line of the 2026 eclipse. And... to make it even better they have a roof terrace which gave us an almost perfect elevation to see the total eclipse in all its glory. Dr Fred wasnt sure at first - he worried that as totality was so close to sunset we might not be high enough before the sun disappeared under the ridge. So, the evenings leading up to the night of the actual event, required a lot of balancing on the roof with spirit levels at various degrees and exact timings for exact positioning of the sun and considerable maths.... yes it was complicated but it p...
Comments
Post a Comment