Skip to main content

Lockout - and Sketch Books....

Another crazy week, this week I managed to lock myself out of the house very late at night wearing mainly pyjamas - thank goodness for kind and resourceful neighbors who finally helped me break back in (took 90 minutes in howling gales)- its quite comforting to know how difficult it is to actually break into our house and believe me we will not be pursuing a burglary career...

the start of a new sketch book ..(lacking colour to date)

College yielded an excellent tuition session on Photoshop - never thought I would say that but it inspired confidence in my currently diminished abilities and I feel sure I can brush up and charge headily onto the world of digital design - yes I know that is optimistic but that's how I felt on Friday so long may it last - I shall make the most of the feeling!!!

We had a lovely weekend in Leeds celebrating my youngest grand daughters 3rd birthday - given the current sad family circumstances it was a very good day - she certainly enjoyed the copious amounts of play-dough to rub into the carpet and endless attention which is exactly what you deserve for being 3!!! The rest of the weekend went at a slower quieter less frantic pace - we caught up with friends drank wine, ate food rummaged around shops and markets and came home to discover the central heating was not cooperating!  In fact it was completely kaput...

Gucci collection 2017 - I would definitely
wear this if I could imagine affording it!!!
I read and reread the boiler instructions - we pulled the front off - we pulled the top off - we positively (after internet instruction) wrenched the cover to the secret switches off and it still didn't respond... all switches and relevant buttons pushed and nothing happened it just kept say ing ''lockout'' seems to be the theme for the week!! So its had to be a boiler man call out!!!

A day at home gave me chance to start to lay out my sketch book,this allows me to take stock of where I am up to and what I need to bolster a bit - I need a few more drawings and I have spent quite a while doing some market research into wild fashion designs - mainly Gucci inspired fabulous coloured animal designs in really funky colours exactly what I'm looking for.

We are also exploring alternative ideas for embellishment - more about that in another post - I'm mid experimenting and its interesting if nothing else!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RubyStarrs in Paris...

Finally we have made it to Paris.  It was a bit of a long travel day - we decided to come by train so we could experience the full glory of British Rail or whatever it's called now which actually delivered perfectly on time... and then the Eurostar which was incredibly disappointing!  All that beautiful St. Pancreas Station and the Eurostar is sited in the dungeon... overcrowded, dark, lousy facilitated space...  and then the train was an hour late it felt like a long time before we got any fresh air -  but eventually we wound up in gay Paree...  We navigated the metro and found our airbnb gaff.  A mere 70 steps to the fourth floor on a rather lovely winding wooden staircase to a very nice roof top flat which is comfortable and gives a view across a lovely Courtyard with some obviously much posher flats.  It's located really centrally about two minutes away from the Opera Garnier so a very good location for getting everywhere...

Funchal

So after three days at sea we finally hit Funchal in Madeira.  An escape from the ship, and I have to say it was very pleasant indeed.  First of all the weather is really splendid.  Especially when you know that everybody else in the UK is suffering grim storms and vile winds..  Over here it is between 22 and 25 degrees is really quite warm.    Funchal is a pretty city. It's built on a hill it with lots of lovely white houses with stunning red roofs.   In order to get the best of it we walked along the sea front until we got to the cable car and we took it up the hill.  It was a really good ride much longer than we imagined and it's quite weird because it goes right through the town -  completely over everybody's house...  So not only do you get a lovely vista of the bay but you can view the beautiful rooftops and get to look in everybody's gardens and to look at their picnic sets.. clean washing nice plants... scratty backyards.... We got off th

Another Day in Norway where our Trusty Traveller finds Tromsø, Trolls and Totally misses Aurora....

Tromsø - the most northern city on the planet...  Its quite a pretty little town with lots of wood fronted shops, but of course like everywhere like this, it is just one big tourist hive and every shop is selling 'indigenous' gifts- didthe Sami make aurora themed mugs and fridge magnets?  Nearest I'll get a polar bear (i hope) Although I have to say I did like the big stuffed polar bear and black bear and I am presuming that these are either not real (unlikely) or culled as they sometimes have to be.    But most of the stuff is just northern lights  tat or Troll tat.    Peer Gynt.. famous worldover To be fair the best bit of Tromsø for me was the Troll Museum!  We went to the art gallery which was quite interesting (see instagram account) but not astounding, but I always like to look at the local art.  We had a mooch around town in the snow and then we went to find the Trolls.  This museum was absolutely crazy daft...  it was totally dedi