I was woken by voices outside. Pulling aside the curtains I looked out of the van side window, two men carefully packing fishing gear into a smart white van presumably heading home for a fishy breakfast.. the other window revealed a glorious sunrise, inspite of a cosy duvet, unable to resist I wander out and find I have the beach to myself, only birds swooping along the tideline... post fishers and pre dog walkers a whole private sun rise to myself. Suitably attired in a rather well worn scottiedog onesie I head down the beach. The solway firth streches away into the sun, a vast open space, dazzling right across to the cumbriam coast. Little hopping birds are picking at fresh seaweed and larger gulls skim the waters surface. Its quiet, only bird song and gentle waves, not a breath of wind. Serene and calm what a beautiful way to start a day.
Eclipse day!!!! Most of the photos on here were taken by friends...my phone died... I dont use names on here but you know who you are thank you.... This will be Dr Freds 8th eclipse and my 6th... I have 100% clear viewing and its continued that way. Our friends have this amazing house tucked away on the side of a hill - fortuitously right on the centre line of the 2026 eclipse. And... to make it even better they have a roof terrace which gave us an almost perfect elevation to see the total eclipse in all its glory. Dr Fred wasnt sure at first - he worried that as totality was so close to sunset we might not be high enough before the sun disappeared under the ridge. So, the evenings leading up to the night of the actual event, required a lot of balancing on the roof with spirit levels at various degrees and exact timings for exact positioning of the sun and considerable maths.... yes it was complicated but it p...

Comments
Post a Comment