I cant let the EU vote go unmentioned... We sat up until well past 3.00 watching the results come in - it will effect us all in some way or another especially our young people who will reap the long term consequences... however... Lets not get too depressed by the result - what ever your preferences are it was at least a democratic vote... I, sadly, feel we are moving into an increasingly right wing culture - but I'm not prepared to believe that everyone who voted leave is a racist or bigoted - there was alot of misinformation broadcast and alot of manipulation and economics with the truth... but at the end of the very long day it was a democratic process. For me its not a matter of celebrating but it is what it is and we need to accept it and motivate future generations to rise up and find ways of keeping the world peaceful and safe... difficult as we slide into a potentially unwelcoming right wing direction.... At least it wasn't a landslide victory for the leave campaigners.... and on a brighter note we have Glastonbury to cheer us up - I'll be sat warm and mud free watching the best bits on tv not even slightly envious of those who are there...
Eclipse day!!!! Most of the photos on here were taken by friends...my phone died... I dont use names on here but you know who you are thank you.... This will be Dr Freds 8th eclipse and my 6th... I have 100% clear viewing and its continued that way. Our friends have this amazing house tucked away on the side of a hill - fortuitously right on the centre line of the 2026 eclipse. And... to make it even better they have a roof terrace which gave us an almost perfect elevation to see the total eclipse in all its glory. Dr Fred wasnt sure at first - he worried that as totality was so close to sunset we might not be high enough before the sun disappeared under the ridge. So, the evenings leading up to the night of the actual event, required a lot of balancing on the roof with spirit levels at various degrees and exact timings for exact positioning of the sun and considerable maths.... yes it was complicated but it p...
Comments
Post a Comment